10.29.2010

going to school in another state

helps me identify with
being a daughter of the King

instead of a daughter of the Shapiro family

...

random!
i forgot to tell you

God asked me to cut off all my hair
& trust Him

He wants to teach me to see myself the way
He sees me

When He says "you're beautiful. i delight in you so much"
He wants me to believe Him.

So last Thursday night,
Tommy Fry buzzed my head, prayed over me,
and said "God has a peace about this.
This is your new ministry!
Be excited!! You look good! You look good!"

it took me an hour to have the
gumption to face the world with my new self

but since then, i'm experiencing more and more freedom
freedom from lies
freedom from worry
freedom from opinion

my hair is something that glorifies Him

something that brings Him into conversation
with all that i meet.

mm. it's so wonderful.
and light.
and a reminder of
how gentle and faithful God is.

don't get me wrong,
it's difficult sometimes
but it's SO WORTH IT.

2 comments:

  1. i am inspired by you.

    please post a picture soon for your amiga in argentina. much love, sisterfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good! You look good!
    Haha Tommy.
    Love you Nat!

    ReplyDelete