6.11.2009

God wants my heart

after much stress, disappointment, grief, lack of self confidence, lack of stability in God's Word and prayer, God has captured my heart! finally!!!!!!

coming home has been extremely difficult. I felt as though I have no community here {God has shown me otherwise}. I felt as though no one in my family {except for my mom} really cared that I was here. BUT.

_

BUT, God spoke truth into my life through various people.
The first known instance was driving with Amanda to Palomar Mountain.
Instead of having a dance party in the car on the way down, we decided to talk about God. haha -a MUCH better subject. we both found that it would be awesome to go through a book together. but this is so exciting, because when I normally say that to another person, it usually doesn't work out. because of my lack of discipline or their's {usually always mine, though}. but I know that God wants for us to read through a book together and become closer friends and closer to Him. Anyone have any ideas as to what book?

The second time was when we went back up to Palomar Mountain the next day and greeted the head chef up there in the dining hall {my old boss}. He asked how we were. we answered. and THEN. and THEN! He asked us what God was teaching us. how convicting. so very convicting.

This morning has broken me down. I was so prideful. I was not living in truth and was not bringing truth into other people's lives.

The tip of the iceberg was when I read Leslie's blog about her time in Florence. This beautiful friend of mine is captivated by God's love and seeks His will for her life- something that I had lost in the past semester and beginning of the summer. Her blog update was so focused on the Lord, that I just stopped and saw His goodness. It was completely evident that God brought grace, wisdom, direction and love into her life. His character was all over the words on the computer screen. it is breathtakin--> {http://motleymeadows.wordpress.com/}

Thank you to everyone who is following Jesus Christ and bringing truth into my life.

Lord, thank you for bringing myself back to you. Thank you for not giving up on me.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Nat Nat!! Thanks girl!! YOU, mam, are the wonderful one. You inspire me to continue to put my thoughts out here!!

    I only hope that I can be as free-spirited as you!! lol.
    I love becoming more like jesus with you.

    if you have skype...i would love to talk with you some time while im here!! i want to see your face, and HAIR. lol.

    love love love you girl!
    hope you are dancing in the love of jesus today!

    les

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! thanks!!!

    I really need to buy skype i do not have it...yet! how much does the camera cost? I'd love to see you too!

    {hmm my hair- the dreads have tightened up A LOT...not the usually bigness they were...but still big. haha...today i braided my bangs across to the side. i like it that way}

    psh. girl. free-spirited. i always try to be more like you in that way. :) thats the body of Christ. Positive influence on each other. :D

    i miss you so very mucho
    talk to you soon!
    <3
    Natalieee

    ReplyDelete