4.13.2010

a little bit of salt goes a long way

Colossians 4: 6 {NIV}
“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”

Matthew 13:5 {NIV}
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.”

Psalm 141: 3-4 {NIV}
“Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.”

lesson I learned in third grade that has stuck with me for years and years:

1. Draw a picture using Popsicle sticks and toothpaste.
2. Now try to put your toothpaste mess back into the tube.
3. Words are like the toothpaste, once they are said, you cannot take them back.

Lord, I want my words to be salty and full of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment