11.02.2009

godly sorrow v. worldly sorrow

yes, there is a difference.
{reminds me of godly wisdom v. worldly wisdom
love the theme...
so thankful God's ways are not like ours}

godly sorrow:
begins with repentance
leads to deliverance {salvation} & no regrets. none. zero.
also known as, freedom IN Christ

worldly sorrow:
does not begin with repentance
leads to death and ends with regret.


2 Corinthians 7:2-16
p.s. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BEGINNING,
how we approach sorrow.

I love how simple the Bible is:

John 1:8 says, "If we claim to be without sin,
we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
and will forgive us."

For me,
living in God's kingdom,
is waking up in humility,
with a hunger for righteousness,
and an anticipation of forgiveness
and empowerment from God's grace
in order to do His will for that day of my life.
For we are not alone. He can help :)
and we cannot love others around us
without remaining and being secure in His love.
which is unconditional.
o and amazing.
understatement of the year!

These past few months, I have
done everything in my power to love
those whom I sit with on the Sprinter
and love those in my classes
but I've missed the opportunity
to love my own family and
be there for them in this time of stress
and wedding planning.

I have greatly failed them.
Especially being a bridesmaid,
the sister of the bride,
the daughter of those who are hosting
the wedding at their house.
And yet I have not served them
haven't shown/given the love,
the encouragement they need.

I am sinning against them
by daily choosing to walk in worldly sorrow,
self pity, selfish ambition,
maybe even focusing on God's ministry
instead of God, Himself. very unhealthy.

which = cutting myself from His presence, love, and grace
which = not living in the fruit of the Spirit
which does not = a lifestyle that reflects Christ's example
which will flow naturally from us when we
live IN Him remain IN Him find satisfaction IN Him
for He is enough for us and much much more!

all that said and done, I have 2 weeks before the wedding.
2 weeks. to live in humility, service, and love towards
my family.

yall can feel free to hold me accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Such wisdom! James 1:5. Keep it up with the good thoughts! I'm proud of you. I'm blessed to be a witness to your continuing growth as a follower of Christ!

    Hope you are doing well and kicking butt at Palomar!

    ReplyDelete